PLC training recommendations.

jlreid17

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a quality PLC training company or trainer based near bristol or the UK?

In work we use mainly AB and I feel quite confident in my 500 ability's but would like to learn more on 5000 and HMI's. We also have assetcentre but I think this would be something that we would need a Rockwell tailored course on.

We also have some Mitsubishi equipment which I haven't used as we are still waiting for the correct software so any basic training would be appreciated.

If anyone has any unwanted training disc that would be suitable please PM me.

Many Thanks

Jon

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a quality PLC training company or trainer based near bristol or the UK?

In work we use mainly AB and I feel quite confident in my 500 ability's but would like to learn more on 5000 and HMI's. We also have assetcentre but I think this would be something that we would need a Rockwell tailored course on.

We also have some Mitsubishi equipment which I haven't used as we are still waiting for the correct software so any basic training would be appreciated.

If anyone has any unwanted training disc that would be suitable please PM me.

Many Thanks

Jon

Go to Thelearningpit.com and download the simulator Logixpro. Its free and there are plenty of videos on youtube to help get you started.

I second the Logixpro. Great learning tool.

Also, on the Mitsubishi side, you can go to Mitsubishi's website and download a free simulator for at least the FX series PLC. I'm not sure if there are simulators for the other platforms, but programming is very similar between platforms.

-Dave

I've done the LogixPro exercises before. It is a good training program but I need something more panel view based.
Thanks for the mitsy tip I'll look into it.

Go to Thelearningpit.com and download the simulator Logixpro. Its free and there are plenty of videos on youtube to help get you started.

BIN95.com offers the LogixPro CD too, but I should mention we do not feel it is a complete training solution. That is why we sell it as part of a 2 CD set, the first CD teaches you about PLCs in general and RSlogix500 specifically 1st, before one moves on to LogixPro CD and LogixPro CD is just a tool to learn through experimentation, does not actually explain how to, just gives you the tools to practice once you have learned howto somewhere else, like our other PLC training software or video courses. None of the above teach you PLC troubleshooting either, that is we offer a separate PLC simulation software that specifically teaches PLC troubleshooting.

But none of the above solutions answer Jon's original question which was "a quality PLC training company or trainer based near Bristol or the UK ... 5000 and HMI's" especially when Jon says "...we would need a Rockwell tailored course on [on-site]". I would recommend an independent PLC training provider in Bristol if I knew of one or Jon could find one. But if not, he should contact his local AB dealer for that customized on-site RSLogix 5000 and HMI training.

If Jon decides training software and/or videos will due, I would recommend our company BIN95.com where he could get RSLogix5000 training CD, RSView32 training CD (HMI), and our PLC simulator that teaches troubleshooting. This would be the most cost effective solution if on-site customized training is not an option. Hope this helps Jon