Siemens PLCSIM and PCS7

atweiss90

I am currently working on a sizable project involving Siemens PCS7 on an H-system using WinCC for graphics. The project is still in development and I am attempting to setup a simulation system to test bits of code with new graphics. I have setup now two virtual machines, one functioning as a server that is running PLCsim. The server also is used to run the WinCC runtime. The other workstation is running Simatic manager and WinCC to edit and compile function block diagrams/charts.

I've solved all issues with archiving and retrieving the project running on the PLCs and converting the PCS7 project to run on the sim system. I have correctly configured all of the interfaces so that the WinCC and PLCsim are communicating. I am able to go "online" with the PLCsim processor and edit values which are reflected in the WinCC runtime (graphics are active and changing).

The main problem is that values in the graphics are "hung or stuck" reflecting high values, all of them. Selecting "watch" in the chart shows that the value in question is in fact low, while the graphic's state reflects a high value. I am able to get the graphic to respond and represent a correct value only when toggling the value to high then back to low when online with PLCSim.

Is there a way to refresh/reset all of the values in the datablocks so that they are correctly represented in the graphic? I have checked and double checked that all of the values that were compiled and downloaded to the PLCsim were set to low. I have tried redownloading abd restarting the PLCsim (turning off/on with warm/cold restart). All to no avail.

I don't think that there is an issue with the sim-system configuration, and when I compile and download on the running system with active PLCs this issue does not exist.

Toggling all of the values individually would be too time intensive based on the size of the project. And when I recompile and download, the problem comes right back anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :unsure:

I dont know PCS7 (or WinCC v6/v7 which PCS7 is based on), but I am guessing that there are settings in the configuration of the tags for when they shall update, and maybe even to keep the highest value for example.
Normally, all tags should update cyclically when used in a screen.

Which version of PCS7 are You using ? I had similiar problem when using ms virtual pc to be engineering / operator station while host system was server.

First - check WinCC channel diagnosis to see if the communication runs smooth - tag request and tag reads.

I've solved this problem by using second pc for server. Communication was to slow.

I've used PCS7 7.1 Sp1

Hello everybody !

Нas anybody the "PCS7 Getting Started" ("part 1" AND/OR "part 2" ) – project (no later than PCS7 v.7.1) where the WinCC RT and PLCSIM run properly separately and together ?

Нelp me, please. I would be grateful to much.

Thanks in advance.

Either can anybody explain the following at least :

A Training PCS7 - project was created in accordance with PCS7 Getting Started v.6.0 (part 1) guide. Everything worked at real PLC Rack with Simatic S7-414H. LapTop used as OS-station. The communication between LapTop and PLС was established with physical LAN-cable and IE (Industrial Ethernet) interface. The PLC program was loaded from the Lap-Top which also used as an OS-station .

Now I try to repeat the WinCC RT performance without real PLC, but by means of PLC-SIM .

A QUESTION :

What can be a reason that WinCC RT of the PCS7 GetStarted (the part 1) – project (de-scribed above) doesn’t work properly at different LapTops and different PCS7 software versions.

The WinCC RT of above mentioned PCS7- project runs at PCS7 v.6.1 properly, that is all the buttons work properly in all screens (Start Screen, and «RMT1», «RMT2» -screens). Every faceplate is opened by clicking on the correspondent block icon in «RMT1», «RMT2» - screens and so on.
But in PCS7 v.7.1 e.g. no one button works and no one faceplate is opened in all the screens.
Also the «RMT1», «RMT2» - texts are not displayed on the correspondent buttons at the “Plant Overview” area (top part of the Start screen) .

By the way the WinCC RT in SIEMENS original “PCS7 GetStarted (the part 1)” project also doesn’t work properly at all my LapTops with different PCS7 software versions (v.6.1 and higher).

I don't know why.

Thanks in advance.