Problem with WinCC 2008 Flexible

Liam Moran

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all
I have set up Wincc 2008 Flexible Advanced on my laptop
but am experiencing some problems.
It is WinCC flexible 2008 SP3.
I am running Windows 7 professional 64 bit.
My problem is when I click on the Project tab, then click open I get the pop up window to select the location of the file to open.
As soon as I move the mouse pointer this dialog box disappears.
I tried using the alt keys and the keyboard keys to navigate without issue as far as I could,
without issue but as soon as I move the mouse I get the problem.
This is a new installation on this laptop, I already had WinCC 2008 SP2 running on an XP machine,
but I had to get the SP3 DVD to install on windows 7 64 bit. The installation went OK, licence transfer went OK,
but when I try to open one of my projects I get this problem.
Do any of you have any ideas how to fix this and keep a grumpy old man from getting grumpier :nodi:
Thanks in advance.

A bit of an update...
Right clicked on the WinCC icon and went into properties.
Selected to run in XP SP3 mode, and selected to run as an administrator.
Saved and reopened WinCC, an low and behold it worked as normal.
I wanted then to find out which setting fixed the issue, tried each in turn, and then deselected both settings and it still works ok.
Now I am really puzzled, but at least it works.