Omron CP1L and Redlion G308

trespaser5

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone new if the Ethernet protocol on Redlion's Crimson 3 software for CS/CJ would communicate with a CP1L series PLC with an appropriate comms module attached, it states in the Omron literature that the 'architecture' inside the CP1L is the same as the CJ series however I'm not sure how far that reaches.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum.
I have not connected the Red Lion G3 to the CP1l, however I would think if you use the CP1W-CIF41, it should work.

The CP1W-CIF41 supports Omron FINS protocol. The driver for the Red Lion unit should indicate if it is using FINS.

Hope this will help.

Yea it gives you the protocol is labelled FINS master. Just out of interest, is the FINS protocol universal in the same way as modbus is in serial bus networks ? Or am I barking up the wrong alley here. Anyway I will get round to reading up on it. Thanks for the reply, very helpful.

FINS is a proprietary protocol but is described in relevant manuals. Omron have launched CP1L series PLCs with built-in Ethernet also e.g. CP1L-EL20DR-D.

SVN