FactoryTalk View Comm Shortcut Issues

toofast22

Hello,

I am currently using FT View to try and create a runtime file for a PV Plus 1000. I keep getting an error saying the processor I selected is not a supported device. The processor is a 1769-L27ERM-QBFC1B. I am relatively new to all this as I am a college student so please bare with me here.

The RSLinx Enterprise communication drivers that FactoryTalk View uses don't have modular definition files (called Electronic Data Sheets (EDS)) like RSLinx Classic does. Instead, you have to update the software to add support for new controllers.

RSLinx Enterprise is the driver both onboard the PanelView Plus terminal, as well as on your development computer.

So you probably need to install new firmware on your terminal as well as install a software update on your development computer.

The RA Knowledgebase has a concise overview of the versions that support the new CompactLogix controllers, and where to get updates, in Knowledgebase Document ID #490905.

If the communications configuration presents the error message as a "warning", you can always try to run it anyhow. But I recommend updating your software and firmware.

The RSLinx Enterprise communication drivers that FactoryTalk View uses don't have modular definition files (called Electronic Data Sheets (EDS)) like RSLinx Classic does. Instead, you have to update the software to add support for new controllers.

RSLinx Enterprise is the driver both onboard the PanelView Plus terminal, as well as on your development computer.

So you probably need to install new firmware on your terminal as well as install a software update on your development computer.

The RA Knowledgebase has a concise overview of the versions that support the new CompactLogix controllers, and where to get updates, in Knowledgebase Document ID #490905.

If the communications configuration presents the error message as a "warning", you can always try to run it anyhow. But I recommend updating your software and firmware.

Thank you. I will have to check with my teacher for the knowledgebase login tomorrow and I will report back after I try the recommended updates.