Siemens OP17 Software Upload / Download Cable?

Andy S

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to upload the application file from a faulty Siemens OP17 Text Based HMI and download it to another one. I've been advised by Siemens to use the ProSave software and the Siemens S5 cable 6ES5 734 1BD20 to do this.

A quick couple of questions I have are does anyone know where I can source such a cable in the UK as it appears to be obsolete now and has limited availability?
Also does anyone know of another solution?

Thanks.

Thanks Guys for your help with this!

Siemens themselves have said it's not possible to solder up this cable as it contains electronics to to enable a TTY current loop, I guess that is what the black box is for that you can see in the eBay picture?

Thanks again.

Thanks again everone for your help.
I've now managed to connect to the OP17 however when running ProSave I firstly see a message 'Fetching information from device' and then see a very quick message 'Data is transferred' before getting a message saying 'Could not open file'

Could this mean that the file is password protected, or corrupt?

Thanks.

Hi Jesper, I've done that and switched the OP17 to transfer mode by powering up with the 'esc' and 'up arrow' keys held before releasing them after about a second, I've also selected 'complete backup' in ProSave, like I say it does connect and appears to fetch the information from the device, but with no joy.