Triangle Research PLC

testsubject

Has anyone had any experience with this product? I am impressed that their software provides a PLC simulator to test your code without needing a PLC. It seems pretty price competitive...

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

I have not personally used one or tried their software, but they are an inexpensive board level PLC.

However, if something is inexpensive, but you have to add components to it in order to accomplish your goal...it isn't really a value to begin with.

I had an opportunity to view the product information from the link that you provided with your profile. I saw on at least one of your products that you are using a load cell. With the Tri PLC you will still require an amplifier to bring the load cell voltage up to the analog input voltage of the PLC.

Tri has been around for a while, so they must have decent product.

God Bless,

Stephen,

I am planning on using digital loadcells which require either a 232 or 485 port.

I am presently using AutomationDirect PLCs and am extremely happy with them but it doesn't hurt to see what new things that are out there. I found their use of a combination of ladder and basic intriguing.

Lance,

Thanks for the info...

Triangle Research

I have been using the PLC's from triangle research for some time, I am extremely happy with them, they are tough, and powerful. The tech support is very good, they have a webboard that usually gets updated daily to answer any questions.

The logic and basic makes the plc's very adaptable, analog in/out functions in one or 2 line of code.

I have used them in very demading applications including a large compost screening plant, I am controlling hydraulic valves with inputs from ultrasonic transducers and pressure transducers. I havent had a failure or a problem yet.

I highly recommend them.

Willpower100