Factory talk

Densam

We have RSView 32k in our plant now we are moving to factory talk. What is best to have on clients. Floating licences, web based clients. Whats the advantages and disadvantages of the above. Thank

I think floating clients. I would not connect Factory Talk computers to the web - too risky. Do you want some yahoo from Iran controlling your plant?

Thanks Lancie i will stick with thick clients as these are better for security. I have around 68 plcs, FT accomodates 20 per machine considering redundace will mean a lot of server machines. How is virtualisation with FT to reduce the hardware?

Similar Topics

I am using Factory Talk view Machine Edition Runtime HMI. I want to configure on button in such way that when i press this button I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Looking for someone well versed in VBA that can either tell me a certain naming convention or point me in the right direction (I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hi- I am configuring an alarm and event server to display 1 current alarm at a time on a big display. Having a few issues The alarm doesn't...
Replies
Views
Hi Friends; I have a red Explanation Mark on Factory Talk Directory in Task Bar. Before Update the windows and installation of AutoCad it works...
Replies
Views
I am trying to enable an external alarm via computer speakers for Factory Talk Network Distributed Edition. I am using Alarm and Events setup. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom