import tags comments in control logix

kbn_120184

hi everybody
i am having tags and comments in excel i just want to import them into my control logix program.i have rename the file type as .csv but its not working.
so i have to do it manually r any other option

You can't just start an excel file and expect RSLogix to accept what you have done just because you have saved the file as a .csv

There is a structure that RSLogix follows.

What you need to do is export a .csv file from RSLogix, open it and have a look what is there. Then add the tags or comments you need and re-import them into RSLogix.

Mark

Similar Topics

Good day colleagues, I have a problem with a plc slc 5 since I export the tags to my factory program to load them into a panel view 1000 plus 6...
Replies
Views
I am very familiar with Studio 5000 PLC programming. And I'm very familiar with C-More HMI programming. But this is my first time using a C-More...
Replies
Views
I know tags can be im/exported from/to an L5K. Wondering if IO tags (Local:1:I) can be overwritten in the same way. For example, if I have an L5K...
Replies
Views
Today I'm working with a MicroLogix 1400. I don't have the .rss file since we did not program the system. I was able to get the FactoryTalk file...
Replies
Views
Odd behavior from Wonderware when I imported a couple windows. All the tags used on the windows already existed, but all of the tags came in with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom