Wincc flexible performence speed and faceplate problem

lkwythe

Dear all,

I am using wincc flexible 2008 sp2 and mp377 touch screen. First, in my sehmatric page, I have about 40 equipments and need to show up the running static and do some control ( open value ). In my project , I am using faceplate function to arrange these 40 equipments. Moreover, every faceplates has their own internal tag to make a popup function and connect with their own Db tag. For example : v_01_open, v_01_close, v_02_open, v_02_close.....

After creating these thing, the sehmatric page is running very well for every popup faceplate. However , when this screen jump to other screen, it spend a lot if time to jump to other screen. It takes about 3 mins. How can I reduce this time? Is it my faceplate is too large load for the wincc flexible ?

Ps I am using a button which event is using activate screen.
Also , for my faceplate , I created one faceplate. Then , I copy 40 times and the match the special name and tag for every own faceplate? Should any other method to modify these process ?? Can I using one faceplate and 40 equipment and tere own tag?

Thank you

3 Mins does sound rather a long time to change screens. Are you sure it isn't running a script from the OnClose event of the page?

If you have all 40 faceplates on the same screen then all the tags of all the faceplates will be updated with every screen update (by default).If you only wanted to see one at a time then you could write some script to make pointers to the appropriate data depending on which instance you wished to view. This can be done with address multiplexed tags where the DB, Byte and bit number are assigned to internal tags that are calculated by a script when you select an instance to examine.

It may already be too late for your project but when considdering a faceplate, make a UDT of the data in the PLC and then make a Structure Tag to match in the HMI. Passing the Structure tag to the faceplate can make life easier but (from memory) I don't think that you can multiplex a structure tag.

One day Siemens will cottton on and in a Totally Integrated way they'll enable you to link a UDT in the PLC to a Structure tag in the HMI so that if you change the UDT then the HMI would update too. Now wouldn't that be good... Maybe they will also throw in support for a structure within a structure.

Nick

One day Siemens will cottton on and in a Totally Integrated way they'll enable you to link a UDT in the PLC to a Structure tag in the HMI so that if you change the UDT then the HMI would update too. Now wouldn't that be good... Maybe they will also throw in support for a structure within a structure.

Nick

Hey, it's already there.

s7-1200.png

And if You use symbolic tag linking in HMI, it will reorder tags. You can add, remove,move structures rows in the plc and tags will update ;)

3 Mins does sound rather a long time to change screens. Are you sure it isn't running a script from the OnClose event of the page?

If you have all 40 faceplates on the same screen then all the tags of all the faceplates will be updated with every screen update (by default).If you only wanted to see one at a time then you could write some script to make pointers to the appropriate data depending on which instance you wished to view. This can be done with address multiplexed tags where the DB, Byte and bit number are assigned to internal tags that are calculated by a script when you select an instance to examine.

Nick

Thank you for your suggestion.

I know that I can't use the structure tag to modify my project now.
However, I would like to know more in detail about the multpulting tag. Can I use multiplexing tag to correct my project? Also, what is the function of multiplexing tag ? Can you explain how to use?

Thank you

Hey, it's already there.

And if You use symbolic tag linking in HMI, it will reorder tags. You can add, remove,move structures rows in the plc and tags will update ;)

Excellent news. I knew it was coming but didn't know it had already arrived. I haven't played with TIA portal since its first release.

Nick

I would like to know more in detail about the multpulting tag. Can I use multiplexing tag to correct my project? Also, what is the function of multiplexing tag ? Can you explain how to use?

Thank you

I've moved to the dark side (project management) and don't write software any more but I'll try to explain it.

When you define a tag directly in the tag data base you can set the DB number, Byte address and Bit number to other tags so that you end up with: myIntTag = DB[myDBTag].DBW[myByteNumber]. Before accessing the tag you must set myDBTag and myByteNumber to the appropriate values to access the data you require.

So if you have 40 (0-39) valves - each with a consistent UDT data structure all defined in the same DB and let us assume that the second element of the UDT is an integer containing flow rate.

In this case the DB number would be the same but the byte number can be calculated from: Offset to First instance of UDT in bytes + (Instance number * Size of UDT) + Offset to Element. Let us assume that the size of the UDT is 4 bytes and the first instance was 12 bytes into the block then:

myByteNumber = 12 + (4 * 5) + 2

When I've done this in the past I've also calculated the UDT size in the PLC so that if the UDT is expanded then all pointers recalculate accordingly (so long as you only add new items to the end of the UDT). Bit nbumbers can also be calculated if you're accessing boolean data.

Hope this help,

Nick