IGSS SCADA in Russian language

orense

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the language of my SCADA system.
The language database is running on Windows Access 2003.
I have installed it in Russian and English.

The problem is when I restart the SCADA in Russian, and it is supposed to read from the database. It looks fine in the database, but in the application something funny shows up.

It is neither Russian or English.

For instance,

In English:

Fully Secured

In Russian:

Полностью закрыто

That shows up in the Scada as this :

Ïĩëíîñòǔ čóёǿή

I can write the Russian into the dialog where we create objects, but as soon as I hit return to introduce it in the Diagram, then those syombls show up.

So, it does not want to show the Russian, but instead it shows that stuff. It looks like a random bunch if symbols from another symbol code. PC is running on XP with Russian language installed and with everything set to Russian language.

Have any of you seen this before, and have any clue on what to do?

It seems like it is the SCADA software that can not handle the Russian.

Thanks!
Andreas

I can write the Russian into the dialog where we create objects, but as soon as I hit return to introduce it in the Diagram, then those syombls show up.
Can you write cyrillic with some other software on the same PC ?
Can you open an Excel file for example (sent to you from another PC) with cyrillic letters ?
I think maybe there is an issue with that the software you use converts the ciryllic characters when you hit enter.

Yes,

I have installed Russian language package. The whole XP is in Russian.

I can write Russian in other files on the machine. I copied some Russian words on a txt file onto the computer. But when I tried to copy and paste it into the IGSS scada software, it converted it to those strange symbols...

I think I have to contact their support office...

Thanks anyway