Ab 1305

robcontec

looked through the other threads on this topic, but didn't see what I am looking for.

I have several 1305's running a conveyor system.

They are on an RIO network using 1203-GD1s

Who ever wrote the code and wired configured the drives must of had issues that now I have to live with (hopefully only for a short peroid)

Anyhow all the drives are running in jog mode

The drive is configured 3 wire control
Adapter 1 as the freq source.

The 1203 is plugged into what is Adapter 2

But if I change everything to adapter 2 I get the same results

If I understand the manual and I'm not sure that I do on pg 5-29 5-30 I believe I need to add a jumper from term 15 to term 18, but the manual to me atleast is as clear as mud

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'll have to change about 30 of these things

Is the "Problem" that they are running in Jog mode, or that they get their Frequency Reference from Adapter 1 (the HIM module) instead of over the RIO network ?

Is the drive being commanded over the RIO network ? Is the program using Bits 0 and 1 (STOP and START) or Bit 2 (JOG) ?

I'm unclear on what you mean by "the same results".

Explain why you think you have to jumper Terminals 15 and 18. This chooses Frequency Select 2 (which by default is a potentiometer input).

If you want the drive to run via the 1203-GD1 RIO connector, change Frequency Select 1 to Adapter 2, and connect terminals 7 and 8 (the STOP input).

In such a mode, the drive will Start on a low-to-high transition of the START bit, and will Stop on a low-to-high transition of the STOP bit. It will get its frequency reference from the second Output word of the RIO data table image.

yes the problem is that the drive are running in jog mode.

I am working on many conveyors that have been in place for years and have had several "experts" working on them over the years.

I did change Freq select from adapter 1 to adapter 2 but I may not have set the start bit correctly.

The 1203-GD1 is config for a 1/4 rack
currently word one bit 2 is used to jog the conveyor and the drive is using the jog freq.

I believe what I need to do is change freq select 1 to adapter 2

set word 1 bit 0 high this should start the drive

to stop the drive, I would set word 1 bit 0 low and set word 1 bit 1 high.

there is a jumper between 7 & 8.

In theory if I wanted to change operation between the 1203 and the HMI I could set freq select 1 to adaptor 1 and freq select 2 to adapter 2 and openning and closing the link between 15 and 18 would allow that.

All that sounds correct.

You'll have to determine the Speed Reference value to put into the second Word of the Output data table for the drive.

Since the drive is running at Jog speed, it ought to be showing the output in Hz.

Let's say for the sake of argument we want to run at 40 Hz.

The Output data is in raw "counts" from 0 to 32767.

This corresponds to an output frequency range from Min Hz to Max Hz.

The defaults are 0 Hz and 60 Hz.

So to get the drive to run at 40 Hz, we would set the Output value to 40/60 * 32767 = 21845.

I finally figured out what was done originally with this (and all of the 1305s on the line)

each drive is set in to run in jog mode.
the 1203-GD1 has BT disabled, but it also has data link a enble and truncated.

The parameter 111 is set to write the jog freq (24)

why it was don this way I'm not sure.

I would rather have it set as adaptor 2 and use the normal start stop logic.

As my 1305s die, they will be replaced with PF 70's and I'll have to re-write the code to do that anyhow.

Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated