Need Suggestions For New Server

iadapt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys, thought this might be a good place to get suggestions regarding setting up a new server for the company I work for. We only have about 6 computers, and were currently using a NAS (?).

Any ideas?

Thanks. :unsure:

What is it you want the server to do? You can get a small tower setup or a rack based system. But for such a small installation I suspect a tower is more suitable. A real good server I have suggested to small customers have been the Dell PowerEdge family.

Which one depends on your needs.

OG

Were just using it for the company I work for a small 20 employee business with only about 6 computers total.

I have been doing some research, as I studied Networking and Servers some years ago and its been a while. Looked in to the Power Edge and the Lenovo TS200.

I am also a bit rusty with my Server Knowledge, as well, so wish me luck setting one of these up.

By the way luv the idea of naming our Server after a beautiful woman!