Allan Bradley Input Card Fault

holyhobgoblin

Howdy Folks

I have a AB Analogue Card NIO4V, the red light on the front showing that 24v is present from the chassis is not lit but the when you do a scan of input/outputs card the scan finds the card no problems. Tried it in different slots and inject 0-10v DC into it and nothing.

Anyone got ideas on what could be wrong or should i just toss it in the bin?

HJ

Do you have the switches set for voltage inputs?

I have seen the 1746-NO4V card power light go out and not cause a rack fault. We have a lot of SLCs in overheated panels with lots of vibration so this has happened a handful of times. In our cases, it is almost always corrected by powering down the chassis and re-seating the cards.

If you can't get the power LED to light up at all, even with no load connected, and you have tried it in more than one known good chassis, then I would write it off as failed and check into getting it repaired...these analog cards are not cheap.