Factory Talk ME extremely slow to start

val_99

I just wandering if some one bumpted into the same problem.
I'm running FT ME 6.1 under Windows 7 (i have 2 machines- 32 bit and 64 bit and both have same problem)and local FT license on C: drive.
While connected to corporate network (including internet access) some of FT applications including application manager and studio, start extremely slow. It takes up to 5-7 minutes to open an application after clickin "machine edition" on either: studio or app. manager. Also, while running it may freeze for the same time after saving, opening tag editor etc.
If I disable corporate network - problem disappears.
Third party internet connection (from wireless card) also does not create any problems.
I have contacted Rockwell tech. support but they basically don't have any idea.

Open up Factory Talk Tools > Diagnostic viewer during one of these events to see if it tells you anything.

Also, how is your license set up? Perhaps you have a license path in Factory Talk Activation Manager that is being affected by the corporate network.

We have the same problem, when talking with the AB folks they pointed us toward our IT guys and the security stuff they have running in the back ground. Will be interested if you have some feedback that helps your situation...for us... we have to live with it.

I have the same respond from Rockwell support - check with your IT dept. on network settings. It may be indeed correct, but IT guys don't have any idea what would slow down FT View. No input from tech. support on it.