slc500 to rlc epax0600

lacruth

Hello everybody!!

I have an application with a slc 5/03 and I need to send some information to a large display rlc Epax0600(it has a slave card inside for rs232 com. paxcdc20, and mpaxio20).
The display coms. setup is:
protocol modbus asii, baud 1200, par. odd, data 7, address 7
and plc is:
ch0 mode user, driver ascii, baud 1200, par odd,data 7
cable db9 female from plc pin3(rx) pin12display(tx),pin2(tx) to pin 13(rx) and pin5 com to pin 14 display com.
I tried to use instruction AWA I have not seen error in plc's instruction, but I can't see nothing in display.
Do someone have any experience with these devices?
Is there another instruction I could to use to write the inf. I have in ST17:0 to the display ?
thanks!!

Are you certain the display is set for "Modbus ASCII", rather than simply "ASCII" ?

My understanding of the MPAXIO20 serial slave mode is that it accepts simple ASCII strings.

Post the exact contents of your ST17:0 string, or post the whole *.RSS program.

The AWA or AWT instructions are the correct instructions for this purpose, but we need to see exactly what configuration and data you are using before we can tell you what is correct.

ch0 slc config.

[/ATTACH]
Are you certain the display is set for "Modbus ASCII", rather than simply "ASCII" ?

My understanding of the MPAXIO20 serial slave mode is that it accepts simple ASCII strings.

Post the exact contents of your ST17:0 string, or post the whole *.RSS program.

The AWA or AWT instructions are the correct instructions for this purpose, but we need to see exactly what configuration and data you are using before we can tell you what is correct.

the display has not type simple ascii , options
we have are "modbus ascii and modbus rtu, So I choose modbus ascii.
I've attach the test file I did[/ATTACH]

ch0plc.jpg

Attachments

• ladder.jpg
    ladder.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 16
I'm reading the MPAXI020 "personality module" user manual.

http://www.redlion.net/Products/Groups/Batch/PAXI/Docs/02022.pdf

Page 23 describes the options for serial communications, including "Mbrtu", "MbASC", and "rlc".

The "rlc" method is for the Red Lion ASCII protocol.

If your SLC-5/03 controller has firmware 10 or 11, you could use Modbus RTU protocol natively on the serial port.

Modbus ASCII protocol is very difficult to do with the SLC controller, because you would have to manually calculate the CRC value.

I got it, thanks
and you are right I have rlc type and I put counter C slave mode and it is working fine now.
Thanks again!!