Elctromatic plc training suitcase

kimao

Hello everyone
I recently scored this plc training suitcase in an electronics waste dumpster, I guess one of the local schools are cleaning out old equipment. The heart of the suitcase is an old Elctromatic plc type 200816 024 with its I/O’s connected to switches and lamps. Included is also an assortment of timer relays etc. There is no manual included in the case and I can’t find anything on google besides units for sale on ebay. Does anyone know where I could find a manual or maybe someone of you could explain how to program the thing. I guess this is some sort of Instruction List type language, I’m not familiar with IL as I program in ST, guess I have some reading to do:nodi:

While trying to figure out how to work this thing I often get this “help” message on the display. Anyone know what this could indicate? Could this be the plc telling me there is something wrong inside?

DSC_0050.jpg DSC_0052.jpg DSC_0054.jpg

It is not related that I know of but the keypad, buttons, labels, even font is identical to the Handheld Programmer for the GE Fanuc Series One PLC. It too was programmed using IL (Instruction List). I believe there is a manual for it on this site.
It may be helpful in deciphering this.

Edit:
The Series One manual is at MrPLC: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=443

You may want to consider using the I/O for a more modern PLC trainer.

Last edited:
It is not related that I know of but the keypad, buttons, labels, even font is identical to the Handheld Programmer for the GE Fanuc Series One PLC.

This pic is from the manual for the GE Fanuc Series One PLC...

It doesn't look identical to me..

2012-11-02_012459.jpg