Omron plc

jsgoon

Hi All,

Can anyone show me some example how to use floating command in Omron Programming ?
Example 10/4=2.5
I can't get actual value (2.5) in PLC.Just can get (2).
Pls advise.

First you have to turn your decimal values into floating point values and then do the divide.
I have also put FIX in as well to turn back to decimal - FIX truncates the decimal part of the number - it cannot handle decimals.
Also note I have allowed for 2 words for each value - floating point is 32 bits - double floating point is 64 bits.
You can also do it with ST inside an FB but it is a PITA - takes longer to do than using the PLC functions. I do a lot of it and have given FBs away completely these days except for very complex maths - it is not really hard to do complex maths in Omron either using standard functions and then you can see what is happening - just takes up a lot of space on the screen. The key expression is 'you can see what is happening' unlike ST.

Float Divide Example.jpg

Last edited:
But how do i see the result in value 2.5 instead of the hex value ?
If i use (fix) ,it only show value 2 .

the display can be shown in this grayed out area 10 10 16
when online
pay attenion tothe ampisand notation '&' check this out in the help area

hex set.JPG

If i didn convert to decimal , it show value 40200000.
Is this value (40200000) is the 2.5 ?
Can i direct use this (40200000) no. to multiply other no. ?
Because what i want is the result is show 2.5.
Then i will use this value(2.5) to multiply others digit.
Im quite confusing.

Well done
I find setting up the notebook Calculator program or a smartphone app to handle the decimal conversion very usefull - you can see if it is correct