RS5000: How To Capitalize All Tags & Comments At One Time...

rs14smith

I'm curious if someone can recommend a simple method for capitalizing all your tags and comments with the less amount of effort. I have a program with over 500+ tags, so I'm looking for a find all/replace kind of solution.

The reason for this is, I'm trying to match the coding style of the previous owner who used all capital letters for his tags and comments. 🤾

Nevermind, I figured this one out myself.

I simply exported the tags, then opened the file in NotePad++ (free program), then selected all the text, and used NotePad++'s Convert Case to "UPPERCASE" featured under the Edit menu. Then saved the file and imported it back into RS5000.

I haven't tried this, but it should also work without the import/export steps.

Save the entire program to an L5K file. (Save As and pick L5K as file type)

Open the L5K file (its a text file) in MSWord and have word convert all text to caps (convert it, don't change to an all caps font).

Save the L5K in text format, not MSWord format.

Open the modified L5K file in Logix5000.