Ge genius powertrac

mag176

Hi guys
i found this website very helpful and you guys are doing great by helping eachother, and i wish i will do the same.

i need help with ge genius powertrac module.

is there anybody work on ge powertrac before?
I am not using is for monitering power data

But i an controling my system using it,
plsase help me out, if anybody use it for controlling before
I am not getting steady outputs from powertrac its very noisy and I am tring to control it on 5000 to 12000 watts.

I'm familiar with the unit, although it has been several years since I worked with one. Which signals are noisy and what are field devices connected to those inputs? Is this something new you're using it for or has it been in operation for a while and just recently started acting up?

Actually its new and we put that in existing system for controlling power.
for that i am using all three analog inputs from powertrac

volts amps and watts.

voltage range goes to powertrac is 0 to 90 vac
and amps are 0 to 1500 a
and i set internal ct and pt ratio to get output.
i am getting noise in voltage signal

I'm a little confused by this:
i am using all three analog inputs from powertrac
volts amps and watts.

The PowerTrac has terminals for up to seven signals.
Three voltage signals, either phase-to-phase or phase-to-neutral.
Current in each phase.
Neutral current.

The PowerTrac calculates watts, vars, and power factor.

Which of the wiring schemes in chapter 2 (or Appendix A) of GFK-0450 did you follow?

One line-to-neutral PT should be connected to terminals S+ and S- on the PowerTrac. Jumper R+ to R- and T+ to T-. The neutral leg of the PT primary should be grounded as should the S- leg of the PT secondary.
The CT should be connected to B+ and B- on the PowerTrac. Jumper A+ to A- and C+ to C- and X+ to X-. The B- leg should be grounded.

The voltage you see in the PLC references or on the Genius HHM display is a calculated RMS value. If the active and inactive channels aren't wired correctly the calculation will be inaccurate.

thanks for reply

here in our case i did almost all wiriing same as you mantioned here, we did all jumpers and

the only thing is
for pt we connect in parallel with power trac
for ct we connect it in series with powertrac.

ya my voltage reading is quide steady on that side...
i think i need to go through my wiring and make sure all grounding are good.
i will take a look and
is anything more i can check

Are you reading the voltage with a meter or an oscilloscope? A signal that looks stable on a Fluke meter can turn out to be quite noisy when you look at it with a scope.

Do you see the variations in the voltage in the PLC %AI register or displayed on the Genius handheld monitor?

hai steve
yes i get noise on my plc analog input,but i think ct is connected in series so i am not sure about b- leg is grounded or not
after you mention that i like to make sure about this.

Steve

its good now the reason was actual input coming to the pt was noisy, from scr. powertrac output is sitll not so smooth but it works now
thanks