Wonderware

Audiemar

I have a question. I have a tag I am getting in the office from a remote location. I would also like to send this tag to another location. I know I can do this via script. I am not very savy on scripts so anyone know and example script so I can see how it is done?

When you say another location, what are you trying to read the tag in? Window viewer? excel? The comms between in touch to in touch was fairly easy from what I remember, if you create an access name pointing at the node you have the tag in, and put in view as the application and tagname as the topic, you should be able to create an io tag on the new machine that will read from the other window viewer project.

Cheers, dan

Last edited:
No here is the system... I am getting PLC from a location 35 miles away through a radio network. It goes in to a repeater in to our office. What I would like to do take the read here at the office and send it to a PLC at our tank site. At that plc it is linked to another system of plc's. What they are doing with the value is of no value to me.... I just need it up there so they can get it.

Make tag1 a read from the source plc. Tag2 a read/write to destination plc.
On data change of tag1 script: tag2=tag1

I'm sure there are nicer ways to do it, but that should see you right.

Cheers,
Dan

This is not a recommended solution to your problem.
Reason being is that you are relying on your application to be up and running all the time, with connection to both controllers.

You should look at a PLC to PLC solution.

We are using is ge 90/30... prob. Is we do not have a direct connection from one location to the other and they don't want to pend 2k for 1 tag

I have had to do similar in the past due to limitations we had on a PLC. Although it is not best practice you can do it i would however suggest at least putting in a watchdog so you can do error handling in the PLC when the Intouch application is not running.

Rheinhardt