Bit coils not going HI

PrecisionIAS

Hi,

Im having an issue with a micrologix 1500 controller. When looking at the program (in remote run)the B3 coils arent going hi unless i toggle them to. I tried using just a normally closed bit to a B3/0 coil and still it will not go hi. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

Im having an issue with a micrologix 1500 controller. When looking at the program (in remote run)the B3 coils arent going hi unless i toggle them to. I tried using just a normally closed bit to a B3/0 coil and still it will not go hi. Any ideas?

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum!

You haven't given a lot of detail to work with.

A couple of obvious things to look for.

Are you really sure the PLC is in Run?

If these B3 Bits are in a Subroutine, did you put a JSR in File 2 to execute the Subroutine?

Stu....

Hi Stu,

Sorry for the lack of detail. Yes, the processor is really in run, as i can force the output's and watch motion. Also, they are not in a subroutine. The program is very simple, basically i have my inputs turning on the coils (B3/0-15) and then using the B3 NO/NC throughout the rest of my program.

Ok, I had a quick look at the Program.

It looks like you are mapping Inputs to B3 Bits in File 3, and mapping B3 Bits to Outputs in File 4. However, these Files are not being called from File 2, so they are never executed.

Was that your intention?

Stu.....

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch Stu. Silly mistake, forgot the jump to subroutine (as you had mentioned in your first reply). Working well now. Thanks again