1746-bas3964

Christian Dam

Hi
I am looking for a manual for a AB Application Eprom for communication 3964R by a 1746-BAS card.

The Eprom has the following label:
1746-BAS3964/B REV.3.2
CRC: E800 hex
Date: 11.Jun.1999

I have used Goolge without any luck, and Rockwell don't seem to know anything about this either, so if anyone should have the manual for this, it would help me alot.

It would appear that this is a custom program by a third party OEM or Integrator.

Do you know who supplied the Unit?

Can you view the Basic Code?

There may be useful information embedded in the Program.

Stu....

Christian Dam the BAS card is a special card that allows the user to program in BASIC. I have seen these used in serial applications where a device needs tk talk to the PLC and a serial port might nit be available.

Do a search for BAS or BASIC there was also a 1771-DB. You should find severak post that will guide you through stopping the program and copying the saving it and placing the program back in run mode.

I do think the Eprom is produced by Rockwell, since the label has the logo of AB.
Unfortunally, I am not able to view the Basic code, since I do not have the card at my current location.

I know the basic card is offen used with a "homemade" application, but since this label has the AB logo, and has a AB number, i do believe that this is an AB product.

I can also find a referenct to this label i a "Technical Application Notes" from Rockwell Automation, the title "Implementing an L3 Examiner X-Ray Security Scanner into Airport Baggage Tracking Systems", here it is mentioned on page 3.

foto.jpg

I hope this helps

I tried to upload the manual, but it was just a little too big. I found it with a Allen-Bradely Literature Search though.
The Getting Started Guide for HHT
(Catalog Number 1747–PTA1E & 1747–PT1)
Users Manual

though I can't find where so I could'nt give you a link. I hope it helps. :confused:

It is a little hard to do an upload of the project, then the PLC and Basic card is located in US, and I'm sitting in Denmark!

Thanks for the try, regarding the manual, but this doesn't seems to what I looking for, the manual you refering to, seems to be regarding the handhe,d programming device.

My apologies, wrong file. I think this is the one I meant to copy. Still can’t down load due to size. It deals with the programming involved, I think. I have a similar set-up on a PLC for the die cutting press that needed data from a Red Lion Control and uses serial communication. It is: BASIC Development Software (Catalog Numbers 1747-PBASE). Again, I hope it will help, but I could be off on my understanding again. If this isn’t of help, I’ll leave it at this. Best of luck.

Thanks MaintMike, however this is a manual to program the basic card, and this is not what I am looking for.

I should proberly tell what my actual problem is.

I have a machine, build in 1999, where we receive some data to a AB PLC via ethernet, and this data has to be sent on to a PC controller (80186 processer, with only seriel ports), using a Siemens protocol 3064R.
The original machine was receiving 104 bytes, so here was no problem, but now the customer needs to send 134 bytes, and this should not be a problem, but since the transfer between the PCL and the BASIC card is limited to 64word (128 bytes) using the M-file, I need to split the transfer into 2 blocks, it is here my problem are.

I have tried to write the second block in the M-file after a time delay, here the BASIC card only sends 128 bytes.
I have tried to write the second block in the next rung, then det send data is overwritten by the second block.
The time delay has been set to 0.01s, which is the lowest time base on this PLC.

If someone, has the PLC code, for sending more than 128 bytes by the 3964R, and at the same time the setup of this Basic card from the PLC code, since from by best knowledge, I am looking at a setup problem

Thanks MaintMike, however this is a manual to program the basic card, and this is not what I am looking for.

I should proberly tell what my actual problem is.

I have a machine, build in 1999, where we receive some data to a AB PLC via ethernet, and this data has to be sent on to a PC controller (80186 processer, with only seriel ports), using a Siemens protocol 3064R.
The original machine was receiving 104 bytes, so here was no problem, but now the customer needs to send 134 bytes, and this should not be a problem, but since the transfer between the PCL and the BASIC card is limited to 64word (128 bytes) using the M-file, I need to split the transfer into 2 blocks, it is here my problem are.

I have tried to write the second block in the M-file after a time delay, here the BASIC card only sends 128 bytes.
I have tried to write the second block in the next rung, then det send data is overwritten by the second block.
The time delay has been set to 0.01s, which is the lowest time base on this PLC.

If someone, has the PLC code, for sending more than 128 bytes by the 3964R, and at the same time the setup of this Basic card from the PLC code, since from by best knowledge, I am looking at a setup problem

I have never had to setup a 1746-BAS Module, so I am sure you know a lot more about it than I do. However, this document seems to indicate there is supposed to be some handshaking going on between the BAS Card and the PLC.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/td/1746-td009_-en-p.pdf

If you can monitor the Handshaking Bits to trigger your second Message, that might solve your problem. I also assume that you are going to have to modify the Basic Program to put the two parts of the Data together before sending it out to the Machine.

If my ideas don't make any sense, just let me know. I have SLC500 CPUs here, but unfortunately I don't have a 1746-BAS to experiment with.

Stu....

Stu you some what right, but I can see from the original PLC program that you can setup Baurate, Parity, and so on. And this since this Basic card has a custom application Eprom in, I don't think that I can modify the basic program, but that it should already be possible.
I was onsite last week, looking at the I/O, and there I couldn't find any handshake bits from. However my program does seems to be working with some handshake bits, but they doesn't work as I expect.

Stu you some what right, but I can see from the original PLC program that you can setup Baurate, Parity, and so on. And this since this Basic card has a custom application Eprom in, I don't think that I can modify the basic program, but that it should already be possible.
I was onsite last week, looking at the I/O, and there I couldn't find any handshake bits from. However my program does seems to be working with some handshake bits, but they doesn't work as I expect.

Fair enough, but I am presuming from the Picture you provided in Post #4 that it is the EPROM with the BAS Firmware and Basic Interpreter, and not the actual Basic Program. According to the Manual, the Basic Program is in Battery backed Non-Volatile RAM.

Stu....