Panelview 1000 DH+ with 1756-DHRIO

Archie

I am working on conversion from a Softlogix5 to a ControlLogix and the system has a Panelview 1000. I was able to get the PanelView communicating and reading tags through PLC/SLC mapping. The problem I have is writing data back.

I made an application with a single push button pointing to an INT tag array named N54. The tag in the PanelView is N54:0/5

When I press the button nothing happens. I found that if I set the PLC type in PanelBuilder32 to SLC 5/04 it works. But when I set it to any PLC5 type or ControlLogix, it will not write nor give an error message.

The converted program uses elements higher than 255 and also files such as N999, so I need the PLC5 type or it will give me invalid addresses in PanelBuilder.

Any ideas of how to get this to work when I set the type to PLC5?

I tried the ControlLogix option and it gives the same result as the PLC5. This is the model number of the PanelView and software version:

2711-T10C8 Series D
PanelBuilder32 Version 3.82.00

I went back I tried ControlLogix again and I get these errors:

Error 208 - Unable to write to remote device

685 File Access Error

I can change back to SLC 5/04 and it works fine.

Check the 1756-DHRIO module configuration and make sure that the slot number selected matches the slot number in which the processor resides.

Check the 1756-DHRIO module configuration and make sure that the slot number selected matches the slot number in which the processor resides.
I doubled checked that and it is correct at slot 0.

The odd thing is that it reads values, but will not write them.

Well, I haven't found any more clues in the ab know-base...there's a mention of having the incorrect tag type in your mapping, but you have it set for INT so that is covered...

There is a newer version of PB32 (3.83) but I didn't see much in the release notes to get excited about:
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/79458/0/filename/release.txt

What is the Firmware Release Number of the Panelview 1000?

Are you able to zip and post the files?

What is the Firmware Release Number of the Panelview 1000?

Are you able to zip and post the files?
The firmware is 4.41 Rev C

The PLC program is huge, so I'll strip it down to bare minimum and post it along with the PanelView program I am testing with.

I stripped down the programs and downloaded for the test and things got worst. Now when I press the button on the PanelView, it faults my processor. And thats without even putting it in run mode.

(Type 01) Power-up Fault
(Code 60) Non-recoverable Fault.

The controller type in PanelBuilder32 is set to ControlLogix. Once again, if I change it to SLC 5/04 it works fine.

I stripped down the programs and downloaded for the test and things got worst. Now when I press the button on the PanelView, it faults my processor. And thats without even putting it in run mode.

(Type 01) Power-up Fault
(Code 60) Non-recoverable Fault.

The controller type in PanelBuilder32 is set to ControlLogix. Once again, if I change it to SLC 5/04 it works fine.

That is very strange. I cannot open the acd file (it must be a newer version than 17.01), but I see nothing wrong in the pba file.

Have you contacted a/b with this issue? If you have techconnect access, I highly recommend using the chat feature. It is much more convenient than being glued to a phone.

Faulting the processor because the DHRIO module tries to update an address is especially peculiar. It makes me think there is some serious compatibility or perhaps even a hardware problem.

The ACD is version 18.02

So after some more expermenting I discovered the DHRIO is firmware 7.2, but RSLogix5000 only lets me select up to version 6. I deleted it from the IO list, but the results are still the same.

I haven't yet contacted AB, but that is my next step.

I do not know if its needed in your case or not, but I wonder if you have or need to set up routing tables in RSLinx, as DH+ can only handle I think two hops, or a third if its on the default address