GE Fanuc Write Register to Modbus Device

sjohnson

Lifetime Supporting Member
Ill try to make this simple.
How would i write a 0 into register 3051 in a Modbus Device. and a 1 into 3012. I have astablished Communications and Can read my selective registers. I need to write a 0 into register 3051 and a 1 into register 3012. In the block move it doesnt have what to write. Do I need to do another BLKMOV to write a zero after..Thanks..

I wasn't able to open your Word Documents.

However, I don't believe you can Write Data to a 3000 Input Register. I believe they are Read Only.

Stu....

Stu thanks for the Reply. According to the manual and support from Schneider they are a Write. it would actually be 43051 and 43012. I can see in my gateway that it does write with the blockmov but i need to write a 0 and a 1 in 3012. I do see the write messages and the reply message. I will re submit my docs. thanks. Page 34 of this pdf shows configuration parameters.
http://www.powerlogic.com/literature/3720_IC_Installation.pdf
It worked with the old PCM module but I am converting it to Modbus TCP. so the program structure is a little different.

GE Fanuc 90-30 IC693CPU350 With IC693CMM321 Ethernet module And tsxetg100 Gateway.

I seemed to find it out after reading it GFK-1541b 101 times. Move what you want to write into Register IN4 works for 16bit but i need it for 32bit and brings back 8890 in the error codes tried different lengths and doesnt change.

To write 32 bits of data, the value at IN6 of the second BLKMOV will need to be 2. Also, you'll need to make sure that %R701 is cleared. Each %R adddress in GE is 16 bits, so when you want a 32 bit word at %R700 you will actually be using R%700 and %R701

Last edited:
Stu thanks for the Reply. According to the manual and support from Schneider they are a Write. it would actually be 43051 and 43012. I can see in my gateway that it does write with the blockmov but i need to write a 0 and a 1 in 3012. I do see the write messages and the reply message. I will re submit my docs. thanks. Page 34 of this pdf shows configuration parameters.
http://www.powerlogic.com/literature/3720_IC_Installation.pdf
It worked with the old PCM module but I am converting it to Modbus TCP. so the program structure is a little different.

Ah, the 4 Prefix is important, that makes it a Holding Register. The 3 Prefix makes it an Input Register. A very important difference with Modbus.

There is no Page 34 on the PowerLogic Link you Posted, it appears to be EPROM Installation Instructions. I was able open your Word Documents though.

Stu....

Thanks for all the input.
Thanks Steve for steering me in the right direction. But what didn't help was the material in which I had to use. The meter I had was for a 3300 ACM the manual Schneider sent was for a 3720 ACM and in that manual was the register mapping and other helpful things that did apply to my meter also. So on to my solution. As Steve stated I needed a 2 at IN6 of my BLKMOV #2 but it didn’t work still and when Steve Said the length of 2 for the Variable it was a 1 I put a 2 in the move int and it still returned a 8890 in the status bit. Looking at the Variable Properties Array Dimension I put a 2 and everything worked fine then. Thanks again for all the input it is greatly appreciated.