Archestra with InTouch Tags

echos

My client uses an old version of Archestra (they are looking to upgrade to 2012), my question is, is there a way to read InTouch tags from a script in the IDE? I could not find the tags using Object Viewer

For best results, you should re-engineer the system to use objects instead of InTouch tags.

You should definitely consult your region Wonderware support.

For best results, you should re-engineer the system to use objects instead of InTouch tags.

You should definitely consult your region Wonderware support.

I tend to agree with Oakley. Is your intention to take a stand alone intouch application and convert it to System Platform?

If you had a old system platform with Intouch Smartsymbols they can still be used the same way in 2012.

If you explain in a bit more detail we can help you with the best approach.

Be sure to have strict standards when creating your templates.
Solid standards will produce dividends later when you need to do upgrades, searches, etc.

Do not unnecessarily over complicate things. System Platform allows for a lot of freedom and i have seen many integrators "hang" themselves with the use of scripts and other customized functions that causes slow window loading times and other issues during binding.

Keep it Simple and develop to the strengths of the product.

Some advice on derivation try to stick to 3 levels. I would also advise going for the Intouch/System Platform Hybrid approach where you use Archestra Graphics but your screen layouts in Intouch consists of placeholders.

When developing start with defining your devices and their functionality properly and make sure your Standard Objects are tested properly before instantiating them.

Good luck.

Rheinhardt

Thanks everyone for your good advice, i have a 1 week course on application server at the start of next month. Right now i am trying to get used to it more.

Right now i am having an issue that is driving me crazy. As a test i have a field attribute called Value that has Input Source to value in the PLC, this is updating good.

I have 3 UDA's, Result and Result1 are floats, and Result 2 is a string. I attached the scripts i used but cannot get Result or Result1 to read anything, they are bad in object viewer. Screen shots attached.

Thanks.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

I believe i have it working now, the UDA must be set to calculated. I would still appreciate your best practice advice/input on this

WW has a best practices guide.
Also, you will want to install the latest version of the BTL first.

Like I said before, consult with your region WW Tech Support.

Creating a new System Platform application has a lot of pit falls if you don't listen to the experts.

Play around with the product that is the best training you can get trial and error.

A good resource for all thing Wonderware can be found at the Wonderware Developers Network.

https://wwresource.wonderware.com/a...09T00:10:52Z&wctx=https://wdn.wonderware.com/

There is loads of documentation. Some parts of the site will be limited but if you register through your Wonderware distributor you can gain acess.

Rheinhardt

Hi everyone,

Im having difficulties trying to use an intouch tag in an archestra object.

How can that be done ?? my node name is PRUEBA-PC

If anyone has an entire application using objects would be great..

I tried using PRUEBA-PC.prueba.value but nop.. being prueba the intouch tag.

Thanks !

Hi everyone,

Im having difficulties trying to use an intouch tag in an archestra object.

How can that be done ?? my node name is PRUEBA-PC

If anyone has an entire application using objects would be great..

I tried using PRUEBA-PC.prueba.value but nop.. being prueba the intouch tag.

Thanks !

The reference/expression parser in Wonderware will see the hyphen as a mathematical subtract operator. I am sure you have figured out your issue by now but for others I thought this might be helpful.

Intouch Tags from Several Viewer in a single node

The reference/expression parser in Wonderware will see the hyphen as a mathematical subtract operator. I am sure you have figured out your issue by now but for others I thought this might be helpful.

Hi! I am trying to read an Intouch tag in the object viewer. however, it is only possible when there is only one viewer in the node.
Is there a solution to it?

hello @joaco1993 and @johnkrajewski

did you manage to use a tagname in archestra graphics containing hyphen or dash in its name?

thanks, please answer me!!