Displaying Logic on a Panelview when there is a fault

dynamo

Hi all, is there a way to invoke and display the logic on a Panlview when a fault is triggered?
e.g. say there is "low air pressure"
We'd like to be able to push a button on a Panelview (or VersaView) and display the rung of logic that outputs that bit.
Thanks for any ideas.

Nice site and forum, BTW!

Cheers,
dynamo.

Hi all, is there a way to invoke and display the logic on a Panlview when a fault is triggered?
e.g. say there is "low air pressure"
We'd like to be able to push a button on a Panelview (or VersaView) and display the rung of logic that outputs that bit.
Thanks for any ideas.

Nice site and forum, BTW!

Cheers,
dynamo.

Welcome to the Forum! You can thank Phil Melore for the great site.

The first Rule when dealing with PanelView questions is to quote the exact Model Number. There are just to many variations of them.

Having said that, are you asking about a Static Display of the PLC Code, or a Real Time Display with the Current State of all its Elements?

In the first case, for the PanelView, you probably could with a Bitmap Picture, in the second case, probably not to my knowledge.

I am not familiar with VersaView, so I can't speak to that. However, it would probably help others if you quoted the Version of VersaView you are talking about.

Stu....

It might be possible with the Versaview using the RSLadder active x control.

With that said, RSLadder wasn't the most polished tool in the shed the last time I looked at it many years ago, so you might be biting off a big chunk of agony getting it to perform as intended.

Personally, I would think it would be much simpler to create a message display that would give the operator information about other states of the PLC which might cause the logic to misbehave.

Thanks for the ideas Gents and thanks Phil Melore for the site!

We're looking for a "live view" of the actual code to pop up.

I'll get the Panelview model # and check out RSLadder.
It's not a show stopper but we think it would be cool.

We could always add text boxes to pop up and guide the Operator/Miantenance or Engineering staff.

Thanks for the ideas Gents and thanks Phil Melore for the site!

We're looking for a "live view" of the actual code to pop up.

I'll get the Panelview model # and check out RSLadder.
It's not a show stopper but we think it would be cool.

We could always add text boxes to pop up and guide the Operator/Miantenance or Engineering staff.

OK, it's a 6181F-15TPXPDC Integrated Dsiplay Computer, that much I know now.
I'll keep hammering away LOL.
;)