Installing 1747-UIC drivers - com driver issue

becs

Running Windows XP and RSLinx 2.51.

First issue: I have installed the drivers twice now, got it working both times. For some reason the driver does not stay installed. Obviously this is an issue on the off shift when the electricians expect the 1747-UIC device to work.

Second issue: The drives are uninstalled again. When I plug in the interface converter it's not a problem to instal the driver for the 1747-UIC device. What I'm having problems with is installing the USB Serial Port driver. I have gone into Device Manager and tried to instal it from here multiple times with no sucess.

If anyone has any suggests on how to tackle these issues I'd apprecite it. In the mean time I will be looking at purchasing another PCMK cable as a backup.

Running Windows XP and RSLinx 2.51.

First issue: I have installed the drivers twice now, got it working both times. For some reason the driver does not stay installed. Obviously this is an issue on the off shift when the electricians expect the 1747-UIC device to work.

Second issue: The drives are uninstalled again. When I plug in the interface converter it's not a problem to instal the driver for the 1747-UIC device. What I'm having problems with is installing the USB Serial Port driver. I have gone into Device Manager and tried to instal it from here multiple times with no sucess.

If anyone has any suggests on how to tackle these issues I'd apprecite it. In the mean time I will be looking at purchasing another PCMK cable as a backup.

What Windows XP Service Pack are you running?

You could try updating RSLinx, I am running V2.57, and even it isn't the latest.

Stu....

its the need for a 'nanna nap'
only 10 am here
One day I will read the posts

I played with one of thise a while back
Rockwell has an expllination of the driver issues with this
- about 5 years ago- sorry