Festo CPX-FB32

mangletech

Hi All

having problems using Rockwell BootP to change the IP address of a Festo Valve block

the default IP is 192.168.0.4
DIP switch bank3 all set to off position
I need to change IP to 160.150.140.28

so far tried
Laptop IP set to Auto
Using "New" tab in BootP
entered in the MAC address of the valve block
Entered in the IP of 160.150.140.28
clicked on "Enable BootP"
no success
Tried the same but using a static IP address of 192.168.0.5 and 160.150.140.10 still no success

RS lynx sees the valve bank and I can view its properties when using a static IP of 192.168.0.5

any ideas where I'm going wrong, not a regular user of Rockwwll products

kind regards
Neil Byrne

Festo have a program for this, very easy to use. The last menu is for setting upp the IP adress, and its free to use. I did all this a couple of week ago.If you have troubel to get it running in RSlogix, Festo allso have "export to Rslogix" tool, built in the program.

I think its called festo cpx maintinece tool or something like that. :)

good luck!