slc500 move reg. f8 to string reg. st17

lacruth

Hi
I have working 1 slc500 5/03 with a RLC Epax display, the plc sends some n7 values to string st17:0 through AIC (integer to string instruction) and the display reads the ascii information through AWA instruction,
now we need to send a data greater than 32700 therefore, I need an instruction to move a floating register(F8:0) to st17:0 and write this information to display,
do anybody knows what is the instruction I should to use?
thanks

I think that you will have to turn the float back into two integers, make each of them into a string, then concatenate the strings (ACN) before sending them.

Also, be aware that using a float to represent very large integers has its own pitfalls.

So, it might be better to continue to use two INTs for your value, and just deal with the rollover in PLC logic.

Last edited:
the application is a production indicator, so they add 1 more machine and the rate increased so, we have the CPT function (f8:0=n7:34+n7:37)
before the plc was written n7:34 to st17:0, and that data was sent to display. Now we need to take f8:0 data and put this data in st17:0, but I don't know how.
All I need is to convert a large numeric data to string and after that to send the dato to display