GX Works2, FX3U, Analog Card difficulties.

Domomod

Hello all,

Having a bit of an issue configuring this PLC to see this Input Card (fx3u-4ad).

I'm using the latest version of GX Works, and I've tried GX Developer as well.
The options to "add intelligent function module" are all grayed out in both programs.
Moreover, in all the help documents I've been able to find, it seems that all of the "intelligent function module" functions are oriented toward the Q series PLC.

What am I missing here?

Hello,

I haven't used GX Works 2 to set this up but with GX Developer the setup is done in the code. I'm sure you can do it like that using GX Works 2 also. The manual for the fx3u-4ad describes setup in detail. Basically you configure the channels and read the data using TO/FROM commands.

I have attached a small example of a setup I did with an FX. Steps 87 and 106 are writing to the analog module. (This one is an 8 channel). For example:

TO K1 (K1 is the location of the module on the right side of the PLC), K0 (the buffer memory location), H3331 (the data being written into the buffer memory), K1 (the number of words being written to the buffer memory). The manual will give a detailed list of buffer memory locations.
Step 170 is using a MOV command and directly addressing a analog output module.

Hope this helps,

-Dave

Thank you dploof, I was going way in the wrong direction with this one.

FYI, GX Works 2 seems to be okay with those Instructions. Haven't had a chance to play with it just yet, but I'll post back with results.

Thanks again!

i am thinking that you need to use an 'enable bit'
this is ffor a dual output card in the Q series
but check the requirements for the FX3

analog.jpg