Control ABB VFD from Siemens S7-300 through Profibus/DP

Forrest

Hi,

I am new in using S7-300 PLC and Profibus. May I have the sample program code (TIA Portal version 11) to control ABB VFD through Profibus. Below are the hardware and software:

1. Siemens S7-300 CPU 315-2-DP
2. ABB ACS800 with RPBA Profibus module
3. PPO3 or PPO4 type

Thanks a lot

Thanks JRW

Sample program from this link is version 5.5 but I only got TIA version 11. When I tried to open it, I got the error message because I don't have version 5.5.

I don't have TIA V11, but surely there is a mechanism for opening Programs from older versions. Have a look through the Help Files and the Manual. If you can't get it to work, Post your exact error, and maybe somebody can help you.

Stu....

Thanks Sthompson, I got the sample program code from Siemens website but it works with Siemens drive. I modified it and hope it could work with ABB drive.

I don't have TIA V11, but surely there is a mechanism for opening Programs from older versions. Have a look through the Help Files and the Manual. If you can't get it to work, Post your exact error, and maybe somebody can help you.

Stu....