Assembly Instance and Size

jackhenkel

Can someone please explain to me how to setup up the assembly instance input, output and config. for a given module. The size too. I want to do this in RSLOGIX 5000 for 7264 SSI module.

But three minutes between the two posts? That's a record, even for me.

Easily done....

"I'll just stick a post on PLCs.net, and then get stuck into the manual.. Hopefully someone else has already read the thing, save me the bother.."

I guess it's one way of making the human brain appear to be multi-threaded :cool:

Actually I read the manual but somehow skipped over the section. I actually have another question on something else though. I'll ask here and start a thread. Don't bash me to much.

What I am doing is converting a logix 5 program to logix 5000. What I am stuck on has to do with the RIO rack. I am using a 1747-ASB that is setup as a 3/4 Rack (6 I/O) groups. I have 5 modules that need to go in. 1746-OA16, 1746-IA16, 1746-OA16, 1746-IA16 and 1746-NIO4V. I will be using single slot addressing. What I am confused on is the slot and group number.

For Example: I want the 1746-OA16 to be my first module at group 0, slot 1. 1746-IA16 to be group 1 slot 2. 1746-OA16 group 2 slot 3 etc...

I have read through the manuals but am not quite understanding?? Any help is appreciated. I will continue to try.

You are using single slot addressing, so you can almost forget about "Slot" numbering, because the Group number serves as the logical slot number - see the pic which should explain it.

Your 3/4 Rack will have 6 I/O slots, and will simply be addressed as Group 0 to Group 5. All Slot numbering is 0 when using single-slot addressing.

Once you have put the ASB into the Logix5000 I/O configuration, there is no need to put the individual modules in, but you may wish to for documentation purposes. They can only go in as generic 1771 modules anyway, so use the description field to show the module type.

2012-11-22_012515.jpg