WinCC V7.0 Tag Configuration Extraction

the_superfly5

Running WinCC v7.0. On an existing IFIX system, our management likes the feature of right-clicking on an I/O field in runtime and being able to access tag configuration information, i.e quick trends, I/O address, etc. We would like to maintain this functionality in our WinCC system. The IFIX feature is built in and is apparently not available in WinCC directly. I need to know if there is a way through VBS or C to capture this data and display it in runtime. Thanks

To make it look and feel the same would be near imposible but you could probably replicate the features if your prepared to put the effort in. It is posible, for example, to dynamicaly assign trends to a trend view via some script. If you had a trend view on screen you could program 4 drop down boxes with a list of available parameters to display. Having selected an item in the drop down box you can then assign it to a pen on your trend view.

Nick