AB 1785-L40E/F Rev A.4 PLC Processor

camdogrs

Hey Yall

New to the form here and I have exhausted all my other options on trying to get some help with an anomaly that I am seeing so here it goes.

I currently have a set of 12 AB PLC-5 1785-L40E/F processors that have the A.2 firmware on them.

The issue that I am seeing is that when I go to boot the processor off the EEPROM the channel configuration for the Ethernet is not being uploaded. This was apparently address with a firmware update release A.4 which I have along with the procedure for how to implement it. I have upgraded 2 out of the 12 to the latest firmware and then manually download my program to it over the CH0 serial channel. After this I am able to go online and store the program to EEPROM over the Cat-5 port (CH2).

To test the so called fix I then removed power to the processor, removed EEPROM, then removed the backup battery. I then powered up the processor to verify that the program and channel configurations were replaced with the defaults.

My next step was to boot the processor to the EEPROM and let all the channel configuration upload.

The problem is they do not seem to be sticking. I have done this every which way and have had zero success. I can go online over the CH0 serial interface and verify that the settings are still incorrect.

Any help or ideas would be really appreciated.

This is a known anomaly corrected in fw rev a.4.
There is also rev b that you can use.
You must contact techsupport to get flash files.

You stated that your porocessor is a.2
A.2 has this exact issue corrected in a.4

Check pub 1785-rn533

Rev b only adds new mac range capabilities and does not apply to your issue
Rev b.4 does not exist

Last edited:
Yes the processors were originally rev A.2, I used controlflash from AB to update them to A.4. I confirmed that the A.4 firmware was successful however the processors seem to still be acting the way they did in A.2 when i try to boot from EEPROM.

Then you need to contact techsupport, provide them with your files to see if they can duplicate the issue.
As far as i know A.4 is the solution.