CCW 2.0 problems

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just wondering if any of you have had issues getting Connected Componet Workbench 2.0 to install and work properly? I downloaded it from the web site and installed it. I get a bunch of errors. I have attached screen shots of the errors I am getting.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but I get the same errors.
Any ideas?
Thanks

What operating system are you running ? It looks like Windows 7, but is it 32 bit or 64 bit and what edition ?

Are you logged in as an Administrator on this computer ?

Did you have CCW 1.0 or CCW 1.1 installed previously ?

Did you download the full installation, or the upgrade ?

I downloaded the CCW 2.0 upgrade file last night and will apply it to my Windows XP SP3 virtual machine after I do a Snapshot to protect the existing software. I have CCW 1.1 already running and usable.

Thanks for the reply Ken
1. Win 7 Pro 32 bit
2. yes
3. yes I had 1.0 and it was working fine. I first tried the upgrade and it didn't work. So I unistalled everything and downloaded the full CCW 2.0 version
4. See #3

I also ordered the CD so when it comes in I will see if it is just a bad download.

Let me know what you find out when you do your upgrade.

I have done the Upgrade with no problems. when you Uninstalled
are you sure that all the product was uninstalled.
AB loves to leave bits behnd

I removed everything like you suggested and re-downloaded the CCW application. It installed fine and it came up with the same warning about having to re-name a file and then it errored out. I right clicked on the icon and selected "Run as administrator" and this time it worked fine.

The only issue I am having now is that when I open a old project it looks like it does some kind of conversion and then there is nothing in the panel main panel were your program would normally be. Any ideas here?

Attached is what my screen looks like. I don't have a Device Toolbox or a Project Organizer. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Last edited:
check what you have tagged in the 'windows' box
I have already used the program - this image came straight up
it 'converted' But I had no problems with the program coming straight up.

example1.jpg