Total Control outdated

arkyny

Hey, I have old QP junior HMI's, and want to desperately let them be turned to ash. My question is, does anybody know if the v-locations in C-More, automation direct panels would be compatable, tags and all? I know that the visual will be different, but I have heard that the qp is compatable with the c-more? Or, are the Total Control panels still out there, new and improved? Thanks

Pro-Face America handles the line. Your particular model may be out of production but they should be able to help you with a newer model and possibly program conversion. Scroll to the bottom of that page for information.

If you want to change to the CMore line then you will have to re-write the projects. Of course the 'V' (and other) references to the PLC locations will be the same (unless you change the PLC also.)

Last edited:
Hey, I have old QP junior HMI's, and want to desperately let them be turned to ash. My question is, does anybody know if the v-locations in C-More, automation direct panels would be compatable, tags and all? I know that the visual will be different, but I have heard that the qp is compatable with the c-more? Or, are the Total Control panels still out there, new and improved? Thanks

GEIP purchased the QuickPanel from Total Control Products and has a near direct replacement product called the QuickPanel View. Using Proficy ME View one can import an old .prj file into it with everything converting except Passwords and Panel Triggers which take a little extra work. Also it does not support Modbus Plus or AB Remote I/O.

Last edited: