Micrologix 1400 email setup

SRIGADAMS

Hai every one,

I am new to micrologix 1400 now i want to send data to email from micrologix 1400. I got to know by using Channel 1 SMPT we can send email. I have connected Plc to Ethernet switch . Ethernet switch to Pc . Pc has net connection. I have set plc i/p as 20.20.10.1 and pc as 20.20.10.2. Can any one guide me in setting setup for email

Thanks for reply,

I have studied that full manual but i have some doubts on that.
1)In multihop "to address field" which i/p address i should give as my pc contains two IP address one is for plc network ip and other one is internet connection ip
2)in channel 1 SMTP which user name & password should i give

1)In multihop "to address field" which i/p address i should give as my pc contains two IP address one is for plc network ip and other one is internet connection ip
In the MicroLogix PLCs you have to use the RI Routing Information Data Table for Ethernet Messages. I would put the PC PLC side IP Address in here, and your PC should be setup to Forward the PLC Network Side to the SMTP Server Network Side.

2)in channel 1 SMTP which user name & password should i give

If your SMTP Server requires Authentication, you will have to have an Account setup on it, and you would enter that Username and Password.

Stu....

To send an email the message is sent to an SMTP server (this is at the IP address set in 'Email Server' in the configuration.) Most single PCs do not have such a server. There are some SMTP server programs available to run on a PC but generally your plant network will supply this function. The IT people in your plant can help with the information about their SMTP server. Let them help with the setup.

The 'name' and 'password' information, if required (Authentication Enabled), will be supplied by the same IT people.