Wincc Flexible software redundancy !!

lkwythe

Dear all,

I would like to set up a software redundancy in my project. I am using mp377 touch screen and S7 400 CPU.

My set up is shown as follow:

In my WinCC project, I created 3 PLC connections which are

1. PLC (just assist a address like 10)
2. CPU_A (assign with CPU A, address 2)
3, CPU_B (assign with CPU B, address 4)

Then , I assigned all the tags to my PLC connection.

I created 2 more tags to control the change connection.

1. CPU_A_MASTER [connected to CPU_A, db 5 dbx 9.1 (master bit)] and
2. CPU_B_MASTER [connected to CPU_B,db 5 dbx 9.1 (master bit)],
Both acquisition cyclic continuous

In the tag of properties, change value, i set up a change connection function of both tag.

In CPU_A,
call change connection
connection : PLC
address:2

In CPU_B,
call change connection
connection : PLC
address:4

However, these is not working. Also, the touch screen cant not connection with the PLC, the AI status is (######). I am using MPI for the network profile and baud rate is 120m.

Before this project, I had a other project is using mp277, S7 300, Baud rate :187.5k, this is also using that set up, but, the software redundancy is work!!!

my problems are:

Any different set up between MP377,S7400 and MP277,S7300?

Is it my baud rate too high (120M)?

The software redundancy should be arranged on CPU A and CPU B?

Any wrong set up in my software redundancy in Wincc flexible?

Thank you for your help!!!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Does the change connection function work if you add the function to a button ?

For S7-400 you have to make sure that the "slot" in the connection setup is correct. An S7-300 is always "2", but an S7-400 can be different.

There is no baudrate called 120M. Maybe you mean 12Mbit. But 12Mbit is very high and unforgiving. Use 1.5mbit. It will be plenty fast enough.

Haaaa
Typing mistake , it should be 12m.

In my case,
Slot = 0

If I only connection CPU A , It is a normal condition.
So, I think my address is correct.

I haven't use a button. For my project , I would like to change connection automatically and without a button to do it :(