S7-1211 Ethernet comms to CPU317

CliveBaker

Hi All,

I am trying to set up a comms link between a S7-1211 and a CPU317 2 dp with a Lean ethernet moduel installed. I set up the connection in netpro but it tells me "Passive connection esrablishment in progress". Is there anything I need to do in the S7-1211?

Cheers

Clive

o_O I doubt the LEAN can be an S7 client (PUT-GET). It could be possible with newer releases though...

If you post the complete MLFB of the LEAN card, I bet JesperMP has the fasit here soon.

Kalle

Not sure which model CP he is using but did a quick search on the lean CP's. It does look like they still use the "S7 connection" it may use the send / receive instead of the put / get.

Some more Info.MLFB = 6GK7 343-1CX10-0XE0 Version 3 Firmware V2.0.12 Boot ROm V 1.17.1.
I am using S7 5.5 SP1 REV K5.5.1.0
TIA Portal 11.

I have tried to set up S7 Connection but it does not see the Lean module.

The fact that you cannot setup an S7 connection in NetPro is because the CP343-1 LEAN cannot be a "client" which means it cannot initiate the communication.
I dont know about the S7-1200, if it can initiate an S7 communication. Can you program a PUT or GET in S7-1200 ?

The CP343-1 LEAN do support AG_SEND / AG_RECV. So if the S7-1200 can do SEND/RECV then that is the way to go. That means you have to setup a TCP, ISo_On_TCP or UDP connection.

edit: How did you manage to setup an S7 connection in NetPro like you said in post #1 ?

Hi Jesper,
I think I will need to use a CP343-1 6GK7-343-1EX30-0XE0. I set up the 3 connections I need in netpro.

The setup I used in post#1 was TCP unspecifed and destination IP address. It let me do that but would not connect just got "Passive connection establishment in progress"

I dont think I can use put/get in the 1200 because I cannot set up a connection in netpro, I think the 1200 only uses S7 Connections.

Clive

The setup I used in post#1 was TCP unspecifed and destination IP address. It let me do that but would not connect just got "Passive connection establishment in progress"
Did you set it up for the S7-1200 or the S7-300 ? I am guessing S7-300.
Anyway, that is a connection type that you normally use with SEND/RECV. Without the corresponding blocks in the S7-1200 (TSEND_C, TRCV_C, TCON, TDISCON, TSEND, and TRCV) it will not connect.
You also have to program the AG_SEND/AG_RECV blocks in the S7-300.

The 1200's are set up a little differently then the 300's. In the "Communication" section of the "Instructions" tab, you have options for "S7 Communication" (This would use GET and PUT), and the one that you will want to use "Open user communication" (that has the TSEND, TRCV, TCON, TDISCON).

When you setup the TCON it has an input for "ID". This must have a unique number (Uint)for each connection (if you have multiple). And when you use a TRCV or TSEND the "ID" number must match the one you specified for the connection.

When you use the TCON block the input for CONNECT must be of data type "TCON_Param". Part of this parameter is where you can set it to establish the connection.

One thing I found confusing was that when you start to setup a TCON block it has a configuration tab that pops up in the lower window. You don't have to use it, I guess they believe it will make it easier. But I just located all the data areas and coded the items in my logic.

Another thing you may need to lookout for is, when I used the TRCV block I never knew how much data I was going to receive so I had to set the LEN input as 65535. This puts the receive block in "AD_HOC" mode (I don't fully understand it but it works).

I hope this helps.

The 1200's are set up a little differently then the 300's. In the "Communication" section of the "Instructions" tab, you have options for "S7 Communication" (This would use GET and PUT), [..]
Does that mean an S7-1200 can initiate a PUT or a GET ? Can it be an S7 connection client ? If so, then it could still work with the CP343-1 LEAN. PUT/GET is far easier than SEND/RECEIVE.

I would assume it is possible since (2) 1200 processor's can use put and get to pass data to each other.

I am just not at all familiar with the 300 series CP's. I have only used the PN processor's. And I don't have any to test with.

Doing some playing around it looks possible if both CPU's are in the same project in TIA portal.

1 of the attached images shows the connection in "Devices & networks" the other shows the configuration when you click on the PUT block. This shows the remote device being the 300's CP and the 1200 set to establish the connection.

It gives a green check mark so it must work right :ROFLMAO:

PUT.jpg S7_Conn.jpg

Conversely, I dont have any experience with S7-1200.
But I cann tell as much that for an S7-300 CP343-1 that supports S7 client, it is possible to setup a connection to an "unspecified" partner. It merely requires you to specify the connection details manually. Something like that could be possible for S7-1200 too.

It is impossible to see the relevant information in your jpgs. Minimize the windows and post gifs instead.

Is this any better? I didn't know it would be resized when I attached it.

EDIT: I don't think these are much better.

PUT.jpg S7_Conn.jpg