BootP with Windows 7 issue

val_99

I just wonder is it just me or some one also have experienced the same problem - BootP does not recognize any active devices running BOOTP/DHCP unless network card is setted for automatic IP address. Then it starts to see Allen-Bradley devices. As soon as IP address assigned to such device, BootP does not see it again, while in automatic IP address mode. So to see it again I have to reassign my network cards back to fixed IP address of the same addressing family. Then I can see my device and disable BootP/DHCP on it.
But I remember under Windows XP, BootP utility was able to see attached BootP devices even being on fixed IP address.

I just wonder is it just me or some one also have experienced the same problem - BootP does not recognize any active devices running BOOTP/DHCP unless network card is setted for automatic IP address. Then it starts to see Allen-Bradley devices. As soon as IP address assigned to such device, BootP does not see it again, while in automatic IP address mode. So to see it again I have to reassign my network cards back to fixed IP address of the same addressing family. Then I can see my device and disable BootP/DHCP on it.
But I remember under Windows XP, BootP utility was able to see attached BootP devices even being on fixed IP address.

I read somewhere that Microsoft completely rewrote the TCP/IP Stack in Windows 7.

What Version of RSLinx is installed on your PC?

What Version of Windows 7 and Service Pack, and is it 32 or 64 Bit?

Stu....

I have tried this on both 32 and 64 bit machines running Windows 7. I don't think RSLinx version is relevant since I did not even get to the point of running it. I'm talking just about BootP.
Operating system - Windows 7 SP 1

I have tried this on both 32 and 64 bit machines running Windows 7. I don't think RSLinx version is relevant since I did not even get to the point of running it. I'm talking just about BootP.
Operating system - Windows 7 SP 1

Well, I am sorry to hear that you don't think the Version of RSLinx is Relevant. Good luck!

Stu....