Honeywell program convertion

TCTBAPS

Hey all.
I'm sitting here converting an honeywell program into siemens (TIA portal if that helps) and i have some difficulties understanding what the attached rungs do.

Let me first say, that i do understand that in line 913 its dividing a variable with an konstant and putting it into a regestry. But what are the first K2 doing there? is it simply to make this line false all the time?

Thanks in advance
TCTBAPS

View attachment Program.bmp

Hey all.
I'm sitting here converting an honeywell program into siemens (TIA portal if that helps) and i have some difficulties understanding what the attached rungs do.

Let me first say, that i do understand that in line 913 its dividing a variable with an konstant and putting it into a regestry. But what are the first K2 doing there? is it simply to make this line false all the time?

Thanks in advance
TCTBAPS

View attachment 24586

Wow, you are taking be back in time.

Division always divides the 32 bit equivalent of the last two 16-bit values placed on the stack. So in order to be sure that you are dividing correcly, you need clear the first word with the K2 set to 0 and then "bring in" the actual word you want to divide. If you had a 32-bit word you wanted to divide, you would put both words on the stack before dividing using two B2 commands.

To say this another way, the reason for the first K2 is that division works on a 32 bit integer value and the B2 "brings in" only a 16 bit integer.

Wow, you are taking be back in time.
Yeah i know :p
We still have a lot of theese mounted, theres no point of changeing them when they still work right? ;)

But thanks for the explenation that makes perfectly sense to me..

But then i have a follow up question -

The 565 have a normal -] [- assigned to it. Would this be aktive when the equation is equal to and greater than 1 ?

Yeah i know :p
We still have a lot of theese mounted, theres no point of changeing them when they still work right? ;)

But thanks for the explenation that makes perfectly sense to me..

But then i have a follow up question -

The 565 have a normal -] [- assigned to it. Would this be aktive when the equation is equal to and greater than 1 ?

In answer to your question, I think the answer is "Yes". However, I would be concerned to look a little deeper.

565 is in the I/O Status Table so as I understand it, the S2 actually writes to registers 549 to 565.

Also, I believe that the logic is Writing the "Remainder" from the division calculation to 549 - 565. That would mean that the binary representation of the remainder would be written to those registers and anytime the MSB (565) is ON in that remainder your -] [- would be ON.

This is a lot of "I thinks and I believes" based on a little snapshot of the process. If I were doing this, I would watch those registers Online to verify my assumptions.