Communicating to drive using SoMachine

electro89

I'm using SoMachine, which runs Codesys V3. I'm using a Schneider M258 connected to 3 Leeson SM2 drives via CANopen.

I have imported the EDS, but now I'm not sure what to do. Read through the SM2 manuals on CANopen, but still can't come up with a way to talk to it.

What I'm trying to do is tell the drive to start/stop and set a speed.

I'm pretty sure I need to use the SDO_WRITE function block to write to some SDO's, but not sure how I would send the values.

Hopefully someone has some insight on this because I've been searching for days and can't come up with a solution

thanks!

You will need the CANopen manual of the Leeson drives for all the CANopen registers.

2 ways of controlling CANopen devices , either PDO or SDO . PDO is Producer-Consumer and SDO is Client-Server.

If you are using SDOs , you can use the Read/Write CAN_CIA blocks but you will need the Idx / SIdx / Data length of the Leeson drive parameters.

For PDOs, the .EDS will allow you to use the available TPDO , RPDO or map your own . You can map these PDOs to variables to be used in your code.

Hi Mohua,

Can you expand on this a little?
I'm implementing a SCX11 Oriental Motor Controller to the Schneider M238.
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/pdfs/opmanuals/HM-60080E.pdf

The PDO from the .eds are as shown:
rkid3Ev.png

Do I simply assign variables that act as 8 bit commands? Should "Create all SDOs" be enabled?

Thanks,
Stephen

You will need the CANopen manual of the Leeson drives for all the CANopen registers.

2 ways of controlling CANopen devices , either PDO or SDO . PDO is Producer-Consumer and SDO is Client-Server.

If you are using SDOs , you can use the Read/Write CAN_CIA blocks but you will need the Idx / SIdx / Data length of the Leeson drive parameters.

For PDOs, the .EDS will allow you to use the available TPDO , RPDO or map your own . You can map these PDOs to variables to be used in your code.

Stephen,
As a test you should be able to see the default values change when your inputs/outputs are active (provided node ID, baud rate , cabling etc. are all correct). This is the PDO method ( continuous polling of data).
Variable assignment is just a name.
For more information on the motor, you should contact the vendor.