Sy/Mate

Carlee

Does anyone still have the sy/max programing software? Our vintage Sy/Mate Plus is no longer working and we need to program a Model 300 Processor.

it is a dos based program - you will need the RS422 powered interface cable, Early Windows pkg i ran Win ME as the highest - had issues with WinXP because of its handeling of the comm ports.
I don not believe it will handle USB convertor either.
Please PM me your email address I will forward a zipped copy to you later today - 3 ~ 4 hrs time - busy for now

it is a dos based program - you will need the RS422 powered interface cable, Early Windows pkg i ran Win ME as the highest - had issues with WinXP because of its handeling of the comm ports.
Please PM me your email address I will forward a zipped copy to you later today - 3 ~ 4 hrs time - busy for now
I had some success using Windows 7 Professional and downloaded the Windows XP VM from microsoft's site. My laptop does have a real comm port though

i have to ask @Dua Anjing
do you have or have you tried to run SY/MAX to a Square D PLC
through win7 and/or VMware.
About 3 years ago, I replaced my last Square D PLC with an Omron and the one before that with an S7-300

i have to ask @Dua Anjing
do you have or have you tried to run SY/MAX to a Square D PLC
through win7 and/or VMware.
About 3 years ago, I replaced my last Square D PLC with an Omron and the one before that with an S7-300

Yes, it was a while ago (about Feb. 2011) My laptop is Windows7 64 Bit and I would have used either a VMWare or Windows Virtual XP. I currentlt dont have the VM on my laptop and am searching thru my backup hard disks to find it. Pretty sure I went on-line also using the proper Square D serial interface..SC092NT the RS232 - RS422 Interface it had an external supply but you only needed the external supply under certain conditions

Last edited:
All is OK the OP is using a win98 notebook
I have sent him the program - he has all the leads - just a bung floppy disk

I've recently run into an old PLC that uses the SYMATE software as well. Could you send me a copy too, if you still have it? 🤞🏻

Welcome to the site.
For peoples reference - I wont delete it, I don't know of anyone who still has a Square D PLC though.