FTV ME Multistate Indicator Addressing

Buggy

Hello. Beginner Programmer here.... thanks in advance for the answers. I am replacing a Panelmate with a Panelview Plus. I am trying to keep the screens the same for simplicity. In Panelmate you are able to assign diffent addresses to different states of a Multistate Indicator, where in FTV ME I only see option to assign one Tag, or use an expression. Do I have to create logic in my PLC for an integer file to produce the State # and use that Tag as the Multistate Indicator Tag? Or is it simpler to use the 5 different Tags in an expression to get my State #? And if so what would be an example please.

Thanks

Last edited:
you can do either - but it is easier to use int file as you can change state and add states quickly

The Expression method.

If {Tag1} Then 1 else
If {Tag2} Then 2 else 0

If Multiple expressions are true then then the top expression will be displayed. So you have to set your priority for display. You can Assign 0 or leave it blank to make message disappear.