GSV for date time?

dginbuffalo

Hello,

I have a AB Compactlogix controller and am trying to use the GSV instruction to use date and time. I'm not sure how this info gets moved into a tag but i am getting a minor fault that the destination tag is too small to hold the data. Do i need to make this a "real" to hold the data? how big is the data and how does it get broke down between time and date?

I have used GSV instruction in Rslogix5000 and run into emulator,iam getting system date,month,year.but iam getting time.how to see tha time.i took destination as DINT[7].plz kindly help me to knw that

Similar Topics

Hello there, Currently I am trying to get my locale date and time on my processor. I dont know what I am currently doing wrong. I have attached...
Replies
Views
So, I'm really just trying to get some experience by practicing with arrays. I'm using studio 5000 v33. I have one rung with an XIC bit that's...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I know in the past it's been the case that we wanted to limit the total number of GSV calls per scan of the PLC. Is that still the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question regarding the status checking of the module in the secondary chassis in a redundancy setup. CHASSIS 1 ...
Replies
Views
Hello Members We have a controllogix redundancy setup and need to display the status of redundancy in panelview. I have found in the manual the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom