Indusoft & Dynamically Created Objects

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
can anyone say off the top of their head whether Indusoft is capable of dynamically creating and allowing me to position objects on a screen?

To be specific, what I would like to do is the following.

I want the operator to be able to configure a part graphically on the screen. They will enter the number of rows and the radius of each row. Then they will enter the number of elements they want in that row and these will be distributed on that row radially at uniformly spaced angles (number of parts/360 degrees).

So I want to graphically display these obejects as they are entered as well as allow them to press each (lets call it a circle) object to define whether it is enabled or not (therefore it is more than simply graphical since they also have to serve as buttons). I will then port this info via arrays in RSLogix5000 to be used as servo locations.

If not Indusoft, does anyone know of another package capable of this? I know I can accomplish it with VB and will ultimately go that route if I have to. Maybe even Archies Advanced HMI would be a good fit.

I've done something like this minus the buttons. I use Siemens WinCC Flexible and it is limited for making objects. The solution that I came up with was creating HTML pages with a VBscript. Flexible has an HTML viewer that can display the HTML layouts that I need. The HTML viewer in Flexible does not support VBscript on the web page. If it did I think you could create the buttons you want along with the objects.

I have done a couple projects with Indusoft for small jobs. I am looking at doing more with Indusoft and would like to hear any ideas for this type of thing. They do offer a forum on their website. You might take a look there.

The Indusoft site doesn't appear to get many views so I figured I would give this another bump for those whom may have been inactive over the weekend.