GE 9070 Comms

JasonS

Help!!

I can ping the PLC over ethernet..but when I try and connect using cimplicity the connection fails and times out.
I have checked the cables and even tried cross-over connection.

Any suggestions?

Re set up of an older system that used to work...its funny cause I am talking to the intellution scada...but can not connect via cimplicity

Re set up of an older system that used to work...its funny cause I am talking to the intellution scada...but can not connect via cimplicity

Do you mean Cimplicity Machine Edition or some other Cimplicity software, as there used to be many. At one time the term Cimplicity was a proprietary term for GE software, like Proficy is today.
Are you on the same switch or network as the iFix, or plugged into a second port on the 90-70 module? What is the part number including suffix letters or version of this module?