Large LCD TV's as HMI on Factory Floor - Reliability?

plc_va

Looking for feedback on large LCD TV's to be used as HMI displays out on the factory floor. Wandering how they have held up in the summer heat and/or colod winters?

We have 3 of them on the floor for the forklift drivers and 1 in the drd for the camera inspection unit some of them are at 3 years with no problems

We have about a dozen 55" Samsung LCD's spread out over the production floor for displaying production data. They are suspended about 15' off of the floor, so they can't be monkeyed around with (or have an Xbox plugged in to them!). So far, after about two years, no problems. Sorry, I don't have the model # handy, wasn't involved in that project.

I would recommend Samsung - preferably series 6 (or 7 if you can afford them). Series 7 is as light as a feather - I have mine hanging on a piece of wire on the wall.

Ive got one next to a 3 layer extruder running a wincc application. Its hot and the screen vents have been covered in **** for two years and its still going. Its a 21 inch toshiba. Not as big as bobb's?