Proworks Modicon PLC Automatic Download

davidhman

Does anybody know of a way to automatically program plcs out in the field by using some script or package? Right now we are using proworks but could go back to the modbus dos language if there is way to download without pushing buttons on a GUI.

David,

since no-one is jumping all over to reply to this you may want to be a little more specific.

explain GUI

to program PLC in field do you mean to download a preconfigured program into a PLC or to be able to program the PLC online?

I use Modsoft with laptop, but have not used Proworx so I'm not an expert.

Brian.

By gui i just mean user interface. I have a pre-configured program that i would like to download to 10 plc's. I want to just tell the computer to start the download and let it download to all 10 plcs. I want to do this without having go through the menu's on the modsoft or proworks interface.

Is it you don't want to expose your laptop to the environment that the PLCs are running in?
A longer cable (modbus is rs232 so good for about 100') could let you sit in a vehicle or some other protected place to perform the download.
As to the "script or package" option, can't help you but you've come to the right place to find out if that exists.

goodluck,

Brian.

by the way the 10 PLCs are not connected by a network are they?

Last edited: